Thursday, May 15, 2008

Kristina's Color Inspirtation Challenge #9

This is the card I submitted for her 9th challenge. The colors were Real Red, Pumpkin Pie, So Saffron, Old Olive, and Tempting Turquoise. I loved this color combo. I'd save it to decorate my next kitchen. I stamped the 5 1/2" square base card with Real Red using my Canvas bg. The ship was stamped on Whisper White, Real Red, So Saffron, and the Summer Picnic DP. I cut those pieces out and colored in the Olive Olive. I used a Signo white gel pen to color in the anchor and port holes. The image was masked so I could sponge in the sky in Bashful Blue and use my WC crayon in Tempting Turquoise to make the waves. It was blended with the AquaPainter (thank you Toni!). Next I stamped it in VersaMark and then applied Ultra Thick Embossing Powder and applied the heat gun. I noticed the StazOn might have run a little bit under the embossing powder so that will be something to play with. The other thing I would do would be to apply another layer of powder because my smokestack cut out is poking through a bit. The tag was stamped with Real Red, hand doodled in Tempting Turquoise and attached with a brad. I added the ribbon and placed the various layers on pop dots. Overall, I like how it turned out ~ even if it didn't make her Top Ten! There is always next week!

No comments: