Thursday, October 1, 2009

Hubby's Birthday!

Happy Birthday Honey!
I find it hard to make masculine cards sometimes and honestly it is hardest to make one for my dh. So I cheat by making it from the kids' perspective and All in the Family accomplishes that! The card sketch is from Mojo Monday #106. This week Technique Challenge (TLC 240) was foil embossing which I used on the arrow. I used chipboard and with a little extra muscle on the old CB, it works just fine! Also if you think that you will somehow save yourself a hassle by peeling off the adhesive backing so that you aren't messing with the foiled impression then you are sadly mistaken. Use the adhesive backing to attach the foil and then a glue dot to attach it to your work. {ahem} Up near the top of recent challenges was negative embossing (TLC160) and I used that on the red heart. I REALLY liked that effect so I will be using it again. All the deets are at Splitcoast!

No comments: