Monday, March 10, 2008

Thank God for Girlfriends

I have the best girlfriends. I so appreciate the email that goes around that talks about how important they are. And it is so true. They are always there for you and listen no matter what you are saying. Does your husband do that? A group of us get together at least once a month to have dinner, play games and catch up on each others' lives. Last night my girlfriends gave my car a jump and to quote Rena: "We don't need no stinkin' men!" Girlfriends are even more important to me now that it is harder to see them - being a full time mom makes it hard to go do the stuff you used to do. I call it bc - before children. Gone are the days when you can just go somewhere at any time. So I look forward to when they get off work so we can chat - it makes me feel human again to talk to my friends after spending the day chatting with 3 year old and trying to figure out what Cole is trying to say at 15 months. THANK YOU to my girlfriends who are there for me, through thick and thin.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Men are accessories not a necessity!! Another one of my wonderful sayings!! ~Rena~