Saturday, April 19, 2008

April showers bring May flowers

Okay, so if April showers bring May flowers what does mid-April snow and hail bring?
We awoke to snow this morning! It started after I went to bed last night. The flakes were the huge ones that would cover the palm of my daughter. The ground wasn't cold enough for it to stick and play in. It made for some happy kids though! Ryan wore her cherry boots with her jammies for breakfast and Cole wandered around, pointing and saying "'no, 'no."
I googled the saying and the New Dictionary of Cultural Literacy, Third Edition, 2002. brought me this: Some unpleasant occurrences bring about better things. My personal version of this one: "A little cow manure in the garden to make the flowers grow," although that is not exactly how I say it when I am relating it to someone else.
The weatherman said to expect thunder snow this afternoon. I love thunder, I can't wait!

No comments: