Friday, April 11, 2008

Melissa's Bridal Shower Treats




My sister Melissa is getting married to a wonderful guy. She is actually my step-sister because my dad married her mom. I got the best deal out of that union. I have a wonderful "other" mom and grandma to my kids, the little brother I didn't get as a child and a second sister. I don't think of them as step-anything - I am truly grateful that they are in my life.

So in honor of her impending nuptials we are gathering together this weekend to celebrate and I made her these. A found this video tutorial on a website by Angie Kennedy Juda called Chic n'Scratch. http://chicnscratch.typepad.com/chic_n_scratch/2008/01/ghirardelli-c-1.html




Melissa's wedding colors are brown, green, cream and pink. The only thing I did differently was to add some glue dots to make sure the chocolates stayed securely inside the holder and changed up the ribbon to use the pink grosgrain I had on hand and the Certainly Celery grosgrain as well as the Chocolate grosgrain from the tutorial. Otherwise everything is exactly the same. This is called a CASE = Copy and Share Everything. For more stamping/paper crafting acronyms click here: http://www.splitcoaststampers.com/forums/showthread.php?t=4947


No comments: