Friday, April 11, 2008

Ca$h Math

This morning my DH traded me my small bills (a grand total of $41) for his $100 bill. He is always generous with the cash he has on hand and I appreciate that. He likes to keep a small roll in his pocket - not like a dope roll, but just a couple of big bills and coffee change - he calls it his walkin' around money. His friend Curt always told him it was hard to feel really bad if you had a C note in your pocket so DH adopted that practice. Before I married him I almost never had cash in my wallet. I always relied on my bank card. But I have found that it IS nice to have some cash and you do feel okay (well, not about everything) if you have a $20 on hand. So I scrounged through my purse, less cluttered for the purse game post from the other day, kept the money I owe to a friend and gave him the rest. I had made a $59 profit before it was even 9:00 in the morning. He always says, "It takes money to make money."

No comments: