Thursday, April 24, 2008

A Mother's Day Card for Me!


A locally owned bookstore in town was a huge destination spot for many people but because the way people have changed the way they buy books the bookstore decided to close. Along with books they had a great selection of cards - unusual and quality in their selection. The ripple effect still touches me on major holidays because that was where my DH shopped for my cards. He doesn't like the ones in the grocery store and isn't the Hallmark kind of guy. So instead I made myself a Mother's Day card for him and the little kids to give me. It was fun. This was for another combination of splitcoast challenges; a card sketch (layout) and colors: chocolate chip, pretty in pink and certainly celery. I used SU stamp sets: All in the Family & Accessories, Fresh Fillers, Blooming with Love, Mixed Bouquet and Watercolor Garden.
The main flower image was done using Watercolor Crayons and I added Yellow stickles to the centers. The stickles are also on the flowers that the kids are holding. Those flowers were cut out and popped up a little bit using mini glue dots.

No comments: